“THE PURE AND DELICATE IMAGES OF BLOSSOMING ALMOND TREES, PRINTED AND HAND-PAINTED ON OUR CLOTHES, WERE THE CREATIVE INFLUENCE BEHIND THE MAKEUP AS WELL. THIS IS HOW WE SEE THE DOLCE&GABBANA WOMAN: NATURAL, HER FACE GENTLY GLOWING IN THE MILD SPRING SUNSHINE, HER LIPS BROUGHT TO THE FORE IN CORAL PINK OR RED.”
DOMENICO DOLCE AND STEFANO GABBANA
how to use video
from the spring/summer 2014
catwalk with path Mcgrath
The colour palette for the new Dolce&Gabbana Make Up collection comes straigh from the Spring/Summer 2014 catwalk: a marvel of flowers in bloom, radiating pure beauty, set against the backdrop of the ancient, magical and ethereal island of Sicily.
Created specially for the runway show with Dolce&Gabbana Make Up Creative Advisor Pat McGrath, the make-up collection echoes the soft, luimous shades of spring blossom. The resulting look is one of everyday elegance, painted in warm, golden and natural tones with luminous glints of the same pink, red and orange as Sicilian flower buds.
• HOW TO CREATE THE SS14 RUNWAY LOOK
Recreate the ethereal, natural-looking makeup worn on the runway with Pat McGrath’s tips:
- Lightly apply Perfect Luminous Liquid Foundation to create a flawless, luminous complexion. Conceal imperfections with Perfect Luminous Concealer then set your foundation with The Pressed Powder.
- Blend the Blush in Peach, Apricot and Rosebud and brush around the hairline, chin, temples and bridge of the nose for a peachy flushed look.
- Shape and gently contour the eyebrows with the The Brow Liner in Soft Brown.
- Highlight the eyes with The Eyeshadow Quad in Desert and Golds. Define the eyes with Crayon Intense in Gold and Chocolate. Coat the inner rim of the eyes in Nude.
- Add drama by applying the Eyeliner in Earthy Brown at the outer corner of the lashes.
- Coat the lashes with Passioneyes Duo Mascara in Terra, leaving the inner corner of the lashes bare for a soft, angelic feel.
- Create a focal point with sensual raspberry lips. Mix together the new Bellissima and Traviata shades of Classic Cream Lipstick, apply, blot then re-apply to intensify the colour.
- Keep nails natural and understated with Intense Nail Lacquer in Pure Nude.
Renowned stylists Giovanna Battaglia and Tabitha Simmons along with brand ambassador and Head of Dolce&Gabbana Alta Moda Coco Brandolini d’Adda
embody feminine freshness glowing in Spring: quintessence of simplicity and elegance.
What gives timeless beauty to these three lovely women is a touch of soft makeup, the bright colours of the Dolce&Gabbana SS14 make-up collection along with fabulous iconic fashion creations.